Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a 2yr old female pitbull,that went out of heat a

Customer Question

I have a 2yr old female pitbull,that went out of heat a couple of weeks ago.She did mate. She is having a little vaginal discharge. It's clear, mucus like.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is probably normal since it is clear. I assume this is her first mating so it may be that she is not pregnant and this discharge is caused by removing the remaining tissues after being in the heat cycle. Even if she is pregnant, this discharge is nothing to worry about. If the discharge become puslike, then this could be a Pyometra which is an infection of the uterus that often comes within 2-3 weeks after the heat cycle. For now, just watch this....if there is a pus discharge, take her to your vet. Your vet can check for pregnancy via Ultrasound at around 3 weeks so have her checked at that time.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ..

You are very welcome! I am sure your gal will do well.