Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ha been to the vet and has osteoartritis and

Customer Question
prescribed rymidal( he has had...
My dog ha been to the vet and has osteoartritis and prescribed rymidal( he has had the necessary blood tests and they are/were normal). It has only been necessary to give him one tablet in the last 4 months. This morning he woke up moaning when I pet him and whined when I tried to lift him off the bed to go outside to the bathroom. He peed but no poop. I felt his stomach and it was very taught so I didn'tgive him any food yet. In the yard he was panting and pacing going in circles.he finally calmed down and is currently laying on his belly on the tile and seems less agitated and very relaxed and calm, I changed his food to purina one venison turkey blend. I am at a loss. I wondering if another trip to the vet is the best option or wait and monitor him closely the next few days and if things don't improve take him to the vet. Money is an issue. His last trip was$400 at animal Samaritan. I,m unsure if I should try another rymidal. The last time he acted like this the tablet seemed to work for a few days but I don,t want to give it to him if something else is going on. One rymidal can 't make him toxic can it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/13/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since you changed his diet?

2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

4- Did he show the same symptoms the first time he got rimadyl?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian