Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 12 year old dachshund was found via a cat scan of lower

Customer Question

My 12 year old dachshund was found via a cat scan of lower body, to have a small tumor on his testicle. This was discovered at the first of October of this year (2015). I've been advised to have him neutered. And have a biopsy done. How urgent is this operation necessary? I can take him in tomorrow, but would rather wait until the end of next month when I'll have a few weeks off of work. Do you think it matters whether I do it now or in a month(or 6 weeks)?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello Darla.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. This is a very short and obvious answer I know but where any form of cancer is suspected then the sooner it is tackled the better. I have known more than one client at my clinic bitterly regret delays in treatment.

Better safe than sorry, you should take Bailey in ASAP ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Darla,

I am just checking back in to see how Bailey is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the testicle tumour ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bailey. How is everything going?