Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

10 week old chi puppy. Has first set of shots. Was caught…

Customer Question
10 week old chi puppy...
10 week old chi puppy. Has first set of shots. Was caught eating part of sheet rock ( redoing base boards. ) Since then vomiting 5 times between 630 pm and 230 am. Clear liquid since 1000 pm when vomiting. Suggestions please. Thank you so very much !!
Sincerely *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/12/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago
Ola Barrett

Hello, this Dr. RB... My advice to you is that Butters needs to see your a veterinarian right away. Since you are on the west coast, I would advice you to take her to your nearest 24 hour emergency animal hospital. Because puppies are so curious and eat things they should not, they have increased risk of gastrointestinal obstruction which is an emergency condition that could require surgery. Even if the sheet rock is not causing an obstruction, it is causing inflammation within the gastrointestinal tract and she will need help to cease her vomiting and prevent dehydration, especially given she is a toy breed. Abdominal x-rays or ultrasound will be the only way to determine if an obstruction is occurring and if surgery is warranted. let me know if you have other questions/clarification about this..

Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello again, I hope Butters is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks

Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett