Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

I saw a black wound on my pug leg we thought it must sum

Customer Question

I saw a black wound on my pug leg we thought it must b sum flies and we're trying to remove it .......there was blood coming out still the black wound is there like that ........ Want to know is that a flies r wound ......do u want us to take to doctor
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr RB:) Yes, I would advise you to take Dinku to your veterinarian right away. Any wound that becomes dark or black in color indicates that the skin and tissue around the wound has lost blood supply and is no longer viable. This wound will need to be thoroughly cleaned and surgically repaired. Let me know if you have other questions?

Hello again, I hope Dinku is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks