Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

I noticed that my dog has pimples. some days they 't seem to

Customer Question

I noticed that my dog has pimples. some days they don't seem to be alot but tbere are days that they appear to be all over his back. they are not visible but if you pet him, you would feel them
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet Bucky today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Does he seem itchy at all? Have you noticed any fleas? When did you first notice them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does seem itchy but have not noticed any fleas.I noticed them approximately a week ago

Okay thanks for the additional information. Is he on any flea medication? Based on what you are describing, it is likely that Bucky has some type of allergy and the allergies may be causing a skin infection which may the reason for the pimples. Dogs can have allergies due to something they are in direct contact with, food, or something in the environment like grass or pollen. Bucky may need an antibiotic to take care of the skin infection and something to help with the itching. Options for medications to help with itching include an anti-histamine like benadryl, a steroid like prednisone, or a newer anti-itch drug called Apoquel. Sometimes shamppos that have anti-itch properties may help as well.

let me know if you have any further questions, or need any further clarification on the information I have provided.

Hi Angela,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bucky. How is everything going?
Dwight Alleyne