Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My toy poodle is vomiting yellow bile, lethargic, and

Customer Question
shivering. He drank water but...
my toy poodle is vomiting yellow bile, lethargic, and shivering. He drank water but threw it back up. Will not regular food. Dog has pancreatitis
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/12/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Teddy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has he had pancreatitis? How is he being treated for it?

These symptoms fit with pancreatitis. Usually we treat pancreatitis with pain medication, injections for the vomiting, fluids, and sometimes antibiotics. Often a dog needs to be hospitalized until the vomiting stops, so they can be started on oral medication. If a dog is vomiting, you can't give medication by mouth; it just stimulates more vomiting.

Let me know how your vet is treating him for pancreatitis and what other questions you have.

How is Teddy doing? Can I help with anything else?