Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

A male and female Doberman brother and sister got hooked up

Customer Question

A male and female Doberman brother and sister got hooked up together. Now the female is hardly moving and has her midsection raised, I took her outside and she pooped but she still has her midsection raised a is still testing to go to poop? What do I need
to do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. How long ago did the mating happen? Does Nalla have any pre-existing health issues or is she on any medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened an hour ago, the only health issues she has is seasures. No medications.
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

If she is still acting painful this far out after the mating then she needs to see the vet. Hunching up the back is either pain in the back itself or pain in the abdomen. So she must have been injured during that mating.

So the first thing to do is to try to figure out if it is her abdomen or back causing pain. And to be honest it may take a experienced veterinarian to figure out the issues.

The only over the counter pain medication dogs can take is aspirin. The normal dose is 5mg per each pound of dog every 12 hours. Give it with a meal to help prevent gastrointestinal upset. If she has not had blood work in the past 6 months do not give her any aspirin as it can affect the liver and kidney and I do not want to do anything that could increase her chance of seizures.

Do you have any additional questions?

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Nalla. How is everything going?
Dr. Gabby