Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is breathing very heavy and shaking. She is panting

Customer Question

My dog is breathing very heavy and shaking. She is panting and is being very clingy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry no one has helped you and your dog yet today

Can you please answer a few questions so I can guide how best to help your dog?

- Age, breed, spayed?
- How long has this been ongoing? Is it escalating?
- Any vomiting/ diarrhea? Nausea (licking lips, increased salivation, eating grass)?
- Any abdominal swelling?
- Walking any differently, hunched or tail tucked? Difficulty with steps or stairs or on/ off furniture?
- Gum color is nice and pink and moist?

The more information you can provide can help me guide how best to help your pet and whether urgent care is needed. Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry if you are having difficulties with the site. I am on this evening if you are able to get online and she is continuing to show symptoms (barring a dinner break). I hope she is feeling better...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you would like this question sent to customer service since you are continuing to have difficulty in communicating with me today...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am signing off for the night but will monitor for your entry to the chat in the morning. As I mentioned I hope your dog is feeling better since you asked your question....