Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Can I give my 65 pound dog Pepcid upset stomach, know it was

Customer Question

Can I give my 65 pound dog Pepcid for his upset stomach, know it was the table food gave him last night. He is otherwise fine.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Yes you can give pepcid at 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours for a few days to settle his stomach. For his size this is 10 mg 1 & 1/2 tablets orally

I would also advise small more bland meals such as white rice and lean boiled meat such as chicken and several leash walks daily to help reduce abdominal cramping, nausea, and helping the table scraps through more readily

Please let me know any additional questions I can assist with this evening! I hope he is feeling better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I apologize, I have no idea why your question didn't enter into our system for several hours after request. Please let me know if you would like the question sent to customer service for this error...