Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

10 YO mixed, spayed female has EPI which is managed well.

Customer Question

10 YO mixed, spayed female has EPI which is managed well. History of thunderstorm/fireworks fear. During last year, anxiety has worsened. Since mid September, doesn't want to walk the neighborhood (we have every day since we got her at 4 mos.) but will play with the chuck it on the ball field. Doesn't play much with toys. Soon as we go to bed she starts panting, shaking and walking all over us in the bed. Can't settle till around 4-5 AM.
Exam/blood work all fine. Vet started her on prozac - terrible! She lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks and still was up at night roaming so we took her back off. Now vet wants to try clomicalm and I don't know if I should.
No one is getting rest.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet Callie today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Besides the Prozac was she on any other oral meds to help with the anxiety? Any dramatic changes in the environment since the anxiety has worsened?