Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 9 year old poodle. She is coughing as though something…

Customer Question
I have a 9 year...
I have a 9 year old poodle. She is coughing as though something is caught in her throat.
I tried to look down her throat but she bit my finger. When I try to open her mouth, she growels and shows her teeth. Hsuggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/2/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. How long has Gigi had the cough?Is she able to eat/drink and keep everything down?Is the cough harsh or soft? Does she rectch with it?Any chance she ate anything she shouldn't have (ie plants, non-edible items with sharp edges, etc)?