Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 75lb golden retriever just ate 8 12.5mg diphenhydramine

Customer Question

My 75lb golden retriever just ate 8 12.5mg diphenhydramine hci tablets. He didn't get all of each foil wrapped tablet, some pieces are still in the foil blisters and some is in the carpet. I'd estimate he's probably consumed about 6 total tablets
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, 8 tablets of Diphenhydramine 12.5mg will not be toxic for a 75 lbs Dex; this is within therapeutic limit. Dex will be fine.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Dex. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter