Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our Kind Spaniel was going walk around the block and someone

Customer Question
our Kind Charles Spaniel was...
our Kind Charles Spaniel was going for a walk around the block and someone had put ant powder down and around an ant hole before I knew it she had her nose in it, I pull her away right away and wiped her nose with my shirt and hand took her right home and wiped her nose & inside her mouth with a wet cloth..........should I take her to a vet hospital ? She is 5 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/31/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. If she just sniffed around the mound, I don't expect to see any problems here. She most likely didn't consume any. Even if she did, consuming small amounts is unlikely to cause any issues. It should be safe to monitor her from here. If you see any vomiting, bloody stool, lethargy, lack of coordination, tremors or seizures; I would definitely get her evaluated immediately. I would be very surprised if you see any issues from this, though. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian