Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I just arrived home its been raining all day, my toy Chichua

Customer Question
hi, I just arrived home...
hi, I just arrived home its been raining all day, my toy Chichua was left out on examining her she was bleeding from mouth leg and nose and her eye was bulging out a little and already dry and turned black , I cleaned her and wiped her,but icouldnt touch her eye, I have a large part pit and part lab I think maybe , I gave her a little crushed ibuphren, what else can I do , what about eye?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/31/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago
Ola Barrett

Hello, I am Dr. RB and I am a licensed veterinarian. It sounds like your little dog may have gotten hit by a car or attacked by a larger dog. I recommend that you take you right away to a 24 hours emergency animal clinic so that they can perform x-rays of her chest and abdomen to rule out internal trauma or bleeding or any fracture and place her on pain medications. Her eye has likely been traumatized enough that it will need to surgically removed (e.g. enucleation). When an eye is traumatized to this extent, blood supply is lost and it will turn black in color and will turn into a serious source of infection as well as leave her susceptible to infection from the external environment being introduced to her skull cavity. The surgeon will likely remove this eye and suture the lid closely and, given that other eye wasn't harmed she will learn to adjust to having only one functioning eye. However, I would be extremely concerned about her potential for having sustained more serious internal injuries and would recommend she see a local vet right away. I hope this helps you:)

Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello, just checking to see how maggie is doing and if my advice helped you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you have other questions or I can help you further with this please let me know

Dog Veterinarian: Ola Barrett,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello again, I hope your little friend is feeling better..If my advice helped, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give my response a positive rating? This would allow me to receive compensation for my expertise and time assisting you and your pet.. Much thanks

Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett