Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Would a one time dose of 7.5 mg of Rocicodone be harmful to

Customer Question
Would a one time dose...
Would a one time dose of 7.5 mg of Rocicodone be harmful to alleviate pain in a 90lb Labrador who will be euthanised tomorrow when I can get him to the Vet?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/31/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Rocicodone (oxycodone) can safely be administered to dogs at up to 0.2 mg/lb or 18 mg for Frisco. 7.5 mg is a moderate dose for him. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you so much. I will give him a dose now. I just can't stand to see him so uncomfortable and the Vet on duty wouldn't refill his Untram unless they did $200.00 of useless lab work first. We will both sleep better tonight.

Oh my. I understand.

You're quite welcome.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian