Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog got near a trap and all I heard was m yelping and he

Customer Question
My dog got near a...
My dog got near a trap and all I heard was him yelping and he his rt eye was closed and I felt so bad because it was during the time I had to go to work and didn't have the opportunity to call a vet as I work from 4 to 10:30 ... I am here with him and he is squinting and not moving around...I cleaned up vomit and before I went to work I did put ice on it and there was a tiny bit of blood. I am so afraid he has permanent injury...thanks..phone going to die....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
he is attempting to paw at his eye...he is a well taken care of dog...on Acana food...and also on Spark by pet wellbeing...he does not act his age and loves his toys and treats...my dogs are my children...
gluten free...grain free diet and his treats are human grade....
I am waiting up for an answer...cannot sleep until I hear from you...I am exhausted mentally and would be most grateful for an answer asap even if it's not totally answered.
10/29/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Trauma is the most difficult problem for me to assess in a long-distance fashion. Most important, however, is that eyes need to be seen by Gucci's vet at your earliest convenience if only because eyes can "go south" in a hurry. His blepherospasm (squinting) and bleeding indicates tissue damage but where in the eye and to what extent I can't know. You can administer pain relief in the form of aspirin at a dose of 10 mg/lb with food and you can gently irrigate Gucci's eye with saline or artificial tears but you should be at the vet's door when the vet hospital opens up this morning. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian