Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Hallo, my dog Zizi has since March 2013 a

Customer Question

Hallo, my dog Zizi has since March 2013 a swelling hard on the nose. My vet first said that could be a shot. I wait for recovery and the lump is fallen by 50%. In June unfortunatly started to growing and when Zisi is playing the lump is open and puss running. My vet done rx and say that is a fistula. September 2015: Zizi operated and the vet put out two teeth. Give her Clavaseptin for seven days. When all appears to be in order... puss start again. Re-operated on 21 October 2015 and take off another tooth. (just for you all the teeth root was healthy). Now Zizi has to take antibiotic Cefazid for 30 days. Attached pls find RX. I'm very afraid for Zizi also if the vet said me that isn't a cancer. Could you please me give any idea, if I've to do something else or waiting for the ending of antibiotics. Thanks a lot and regards

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DR B and I would be happy to help you with this. This is indeed a complex case. Unfortunately these types of cases tend to be very complex. Now it is probably not any type of cancer because it has been there so long without major advancement. So I feel fairly confident that is not a concern. However, there could be a tiny piece of foreign material inside the lump that is causing all your problems. The lump itself should be removed once all antibiotics are given because there is a high likelihood that something a small as a splinter could be inside the lump causing this whole problem. After the lump removal then the nose will have to granulate in or heal in from inside to out. I am not sure how much of lump can be removed but buy taking it off you are likely to get at the cause. Then I would repeat another course of antibiotics for another 30 days. I hope this helps you with Zizi. Most Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much. Please let me know if you have more questions as I will get back with you tonight.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you Have follow up questions. I will check back with you tonight.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.