Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

German Shepard male dog has diluted blood appears to be from

Customer Question

German Shepard male dog has diluted blood appears to be from penis
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This blood could be from a Urinary Tract Infection that causes blood in the urine. This would require antibiotics to resolve this. If the blood appears to be coming from inside the sheath, this may be a small tears on the penis itself that will require cauterization by your vet since this tissue is very vascular. This could be caused by an injury. If Gus is still eating well and active, just watch him today and if this continues, have your vet check Gus. There are a number of other possibilities for this bleeding and only an exam by your vet can tell you for sure.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****