Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our 16 lb and 3 no old boxer just ingested a triplle dose of

Customer Question
ex lax...
Our 16 lb and 3 no old boxer just ingested a triplle dose of ex lax
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/23/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I couldn't mark this question as a duplicate. Please contact***@******.*** so you won't be charged twice. Please stay in the first conversation.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. This is not likely to be a serious or fatal incident but Holley may suffer unpleasant side effects such as vomiting, diarrhoea, or stomach cramps for a couple of day.

2. One of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the Ex-lax that way, if you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things should be fine. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

3. However if you fail to induce vomiting and any odd symptoms occur then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Sorry I did not see that Dr Salkin is already dealing with you, I am very sure he will give you an accurate reply so I will opt out at this point ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian