Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

My dog has just had a hemangiosarcoma mole removed on the

Customer Question

My dog has just had a hemangiosarcoma mole removed on the 17th. I noticed 2 other bumps in his armpit today. They are both light colored but one has a dark spot in the center. I'd like to show pictures to whoever answers if that is possible. I just want to know if I need to go to the vet again immediately.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your dog. Anytime I have a pet who has had a cancer like hemangiosarcoma who shows up with new lumps or bumps, I would strongly advise having your vet look at the skin lesions and do a fine needle aspirate and cytology. I always feel it is better to be safe than sorry with these things as you would feel awful if you did nothing and it turned out to be cancerous. That being said, I don't think it is an emergency that you take your pup in, I would try to do it in the next week.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions about your dog, please let me know! If you do not, and you feel this information was helpful, please take a moment to rate our conversation so that we can know if you were satisfied and can close your question if you feel it was answered. Thank you and good luck!