Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 14 year old husky/corgi female. She is currently on

Customer Question
Cosequin and Rimadyl. She is...
I have a 14 year old husky/corgi female. She is currently on Cosequin and Rimadyl. She is having a very hard time mving. I have just ordered some DGP to see if it will help her. I would like to know if I can give all three meds or if I should stop the Cosequin and Rimadyl. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
10/20/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I reviewed the ingredients in the DGP:

Marine Collagen Extract 300mg

Boswellia Extract 30mg

Corydalis Root 25mg

Wheatgrass 20mg

Turmeric 15mg

Feverfew (Tanacetum Parthenium) 6mg

Celery Seed Extract 3mg

...and found nothing that would contradict it being given in conjunction with either Cosequin or Rimadyl. I would also add fish oil at a dose of 20 mg/lb daily of the EPA in your fish oil product (human generics are OK). EPA is the most anti-inflammatory of the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Belle. How is everything going?
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian