My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Bear is having these unusual symptoms. There are a few different causes that I can think of that can cause these symptoms.
First, is there any chance that Bear was exposed to something noxious like a skunk spray, spray cleaning chemicals, airborne mold, dust or smog?
Second, is there chance that Bear ate organophosphates? This is often used as a pesticide and insecticide? This can also cause uncontrolled urination and defecation as well.
Another option is to consider calling the ASPCA animal poison control. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.
Lastly, if the symptoms become more severe, you may need to consider taking Bear to your local animal emergency clinic. You may also want to find their phone number while we are chatting.
Please let me know if you have any guesses as to the cause based on my questions so that we can get this figured out.
I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Kansas State University
College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001