Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is suddenly eating paper. I think he ate a chicken

Customer Question
wing bone about 8 hours...
My dog is suddenly eating paper. I think he ate a chicken wing bone about 8 hours earlier. Is this a problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear about your little ***** *****. If he ate a chicken bone and is now eating paper this could be a sign of upset tummy. Watch him closely for vomiting or diarrhea or not wanting to eat. If any of this occurs you will want to have him seen by your vet as soon as possible to makes sure the bone is not causing any problems. If he just continues to eat paper but everything else is the same you can try some pepto-bismol at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 15 lbs of body weight by mouth every 8 hours. this will coat his tummy and hopefully settle it down.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian