Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My mini schnauzer started crying out then she settles

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
My mini schnauzer started crying out then she settles down for a while and starts again
she thrashes around a little and then settles down again
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure I have been watching her for 3 hours now. i can't find pain anywhere. her tummy feels fine. she doesn't appear sick in any other way
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i will pay the $19 gladly
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you clarify what "thrashes around" implies? It sounds as if you're witnessing partial seizures - focal or asymmetric sensory or motor activity affecting any part of the body. How old is your dog, please? Has this behavior continued since you first posted?