Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is liking the floor and carpet I think she wants to

Customer Question

my dog is liking the floor and carpet I think she wants to make her self sick
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Based on the signs you have reported, your lass sounds to have significant nausea and GI upset. Now this can caused by a range of agents like bacteria, viruses, pancreatitis, ingestion of harmful or irritating items. But as long as she can keep water down, has pink gums, a comfortable belly, and no signs of eating something harmful; then we can try some supportive care to soothe her signs. Of course, if we were to see any of these signs, we'd want her seen urgently.

In regards ***** ***** care, we can try her in an OTC antacid. Common safe options for pets include Pepcid (More Info/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid)or Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac). These are usually given 20 minutes before offering food (to allow absorption)and of course you want to double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any pre-existing health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned.

Once that is on board, we can then try her with a light diet for the next few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish,scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled.

Overall, her signs are telling us that she has a stomach upset. So, as long as she has not of those more worrying signs, we can try the above to soothe her stomach.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )