petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

Yesterday I thought I heard my dog getting sick but couldn't

Customer Question

Yesterday I thought I heard my dog getting sick but couldn't find the spot anywhere. This morning I found dried vomit on our screened-in porch and a strange 1.25" skeleton like thing in it. It is odd - looks whitish with kind of a head and 3-4 legs, a long body and a slender tail. I can't imagine that it wondered in the wet vomit so I am concerned.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance.

It sounds as if it is possible that Edgrrr ingested and then vomited whatever it is that you found on the porch this morning. The question is did he find it and kill it or was it already dead when he found it. In any case, the fact that he vomited it is probably good and makes it less likely that he will continue to exhibit any signs of GI distress. I would continue to monitor him however as you have been for any changes in his habits and have him examined if he stops eating or continues to vomit. Hopefully, the worst of it is over.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate the input and will monitor his actions and habits.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. Please keep me posted if anything changes.