How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Deb Your Own Question
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 10379
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Deb is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate organic flower-tone by espoma.

Customer Question

My dog ate organic flower-tone by espoma.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for your dog but happy to reassure you that these products aren't toxic when ingested by our pets.

If a sufficient amount were ingested, then vomiting or drooling might be seen usually within 30 minutes to an hour. Some patients will develop diarrhea in 12-24 hours which a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice will resolve within a day or so.

Giving peroxide wasn't a bad thing to do since I know you were worried about toxicity but as you found out, not all dogs will vomit when it's given.

Since you did give it, though, and since he/she might still be a little nauseous, I would probably not feed him/her for a few hours from now.

I hope this helps to reassure you that she/he will be fine. Deb