Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog chocked on a stick on her walk earlier. I removed the

Customer Question
piece of stick. Seemed to...
Dog chocked on a stick on her walk earlier. I removed the piece of stick. Seemed to be a clean break. Checked with fingers to see if any other peices lodged to find nothing but a small slice on the tongue. She is now drooling on that side of her mouth and hangong her head and feeling sorry for herself. Won't drink yet but ate a spoonful of soft food. No chocking happening. Eyes and gums notmal colour, breathing and panting normally. I'm just worried about her behaviour and the excessive drooling. Some of tge drool os pinky but im assuming this is because of tge cut tongue? I just need some reassurance that this behaviour is normal really....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Haven't had an answer yet. I hope you won't be charging me the rest!
Answered in 4 days by:
10/7/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian

It looks like Dr. Nimmo was not available to answer your question. If you do have further concerns, please let me know. Otherwise I can direct this to customer service to be sure no additional charges go through.

If you do want to discuss this further, please let me know if she is eating and drinking and the status of the drooling. The drooling is consistent with an oral wound which can take some time to heal as long as all of the foreign material has been removed.

Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian