Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dogs testicles are swollen especially at night, seem to

Customer Question

my dogs testicles are swollen especially at night, seem to get less swollen during the day. he is up to date on all shots and worming, etc. He had some white stuff leaking from penis the other morning. he is a pit bull. eating less, drinking less, very sad since his owner, my son is now gone. my sadness has shown also. took him to the vet yesterday and they said allergies and gave him a steroid shot. Rascal - the dog- is in house all the time except to potty, there are some tall weeds out back. why the swollen testicles?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Do the testicles seem painful when you touch them?

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like onchitis, which is inflammation of the testicles. It has many different causes, and it is often treated with antibiotics and occasionally with steroids. I would see your vet for some blood testing and then a trial of antibiotics, and if it does not resolve with antibiotics they will usually try antibiotics and steroids.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.