Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My english bulldog has developed a lesion on her face,it is

Customer Question

my english bulldog has developed a lesion on her face,it is rounded ,red and raised ..when i first saw it it had crusty around the edge, i thought it may be ringworm but now i am not so sure. as it seems to be swollen a bit
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you.

Is she scratching at the area?

Is it possible for you to post a picture of the area to your next post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no she doesnt seem to be scratching it but she has a second spot on top of her foot that seems to be the same, that one she does lick at
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. Would you be able to take a picture and post it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could take one on phone but i dont know how to put it on computer
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

On your message box, just use the paper clip icon to post it or put it on a picture sharing website and send me the link.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i posted it on my facebook page if that helps? facebook is underCustomer
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

The profile pic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it is on my feed
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Don't see it. Make sure you make it public

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i made my site public now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i email pic to you, what address would i send it to...i tried to add it on this box but it wont take it because it is html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i profile pic changed to the pic of sore now. can u see it
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pic. Sorry about the wait. I just got finished with an appointment. It is possible that it is ringworm, but the Zymox will not treat it. You usually need a topical miconazole or ketoconazole ointment, although Lime Sulfur dip works well because it controls the spores released by the ringworm better. In a lot of cases, they need to be on anti-fungal medication as well. Now many skin issues can look very similar, and ringworm can look like almost any other skin problem. With her age, I would also be concerned about demodectic mange, which is a skin mite they are born with. Your vet would need to do a skin scraping to determine that. Demodex is more common and more likely than ringworm, especially if you have multiple lesions. If Demodex, I would be careful what you put on it because any type of steroid ointment can make it worse. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John