How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan Your Own Question
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 8922
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ingested .5 mg of risperidone about 10 minutes ago.

Customer Question

My dog ingested .5 mg of risperidone about 10 minutes ago. He is a 68 lb chocolate lab of 2.5 years age other wise healthy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I have good news for you, we generally don't see any toxic problems until about 5x the dose your dog ingested. It is very likely he'll not have any problems. Generally the risks of inducing vomiting at this dose are higher than just letting the drug run it's course. If he is overly sensitive to the medication then he'll start acting drunk and if this occurs take him in to the vet for medication to counter act the symptoms. In most cases at this dose he should be just fine. If we were to see symptoms they'd be between now and 4 hours from now. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan

Related Dog Veterinary Questions