Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I own a 14 year old golden retrieve r He has been very I'll

Customer Question
I own a 14 year...
I own a 14 year old golden retrieve r He has been very I'll today with a lot of sickness.His stomach is making a lot of loud noise. He has not been on his feet for over 12 hours It is 4 AM should I call the emergency vet
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/28/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry Barney is not feeling well. I can give you some guidelines that would indicate a veterinary er is warranted:

- Gums are pale, yellow, brick red and sticky indicating dehydration
- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood in it
- Increased lethargy or difficulty getting comfortable
- Swollen abdomen
- Respiratory rate > 60 while at rest
- Temperature rectally <99 or >103.5
- No interest in food for 24+ hours
- No urination for 12+ hours
- Trembling without resolution for more than an hour
- Productive coughing
- Taking a "play bow" or what looks like a downward dog position which is abdominal distress

Please let me know if this information makes sense and if you have additional questions in regards ***** ***** symptoms he is showing.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you

Good morning I wanted to check in on you and your Golden to see how things went after you asked your question yesterday? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian