Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Can I give my 13 lb doxie coricidin HBP cough and cold to

Customer Question
help with her itching and...
can I give my 13 lb doxie coricidin HBP cough and cold to help with her itching and sneezing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/27/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry no one has assisted you yet today. It would not be advised to give your dog this product because it has a high concentration of acetaminophen which is not advised in dogs due to the possible resulting liver issues

You can try claritin as an alternative to benadryl, 10 mg 1/4 tablet every 24 hours to see if that helps with the sneeze and the itch.

In addition:
- Sneeze the steam of the shower can help
- Itch using an oatmeal-based dog shampoo with ten minute contact time before rinsing
- Fish oil 1000 mg EPA & DHA daily to improve the health of the skin and coat but may take 2-4 weeks for full effect
- Ensure you are feeding a high quality organic diet with no by products which can exacerbate itching in a dog

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Good morning, I wanted to check in on your little Daschund to see if my information was helpful at all and if her itching/ sneezing has subsided at all? I would love an update when you are able!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Hi Elizabeth,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Elizabeth Fultz. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian