Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dog has bumps on her body and no one knows what it is and

Customer Question

My dog has bumps on her body and no one knows what it is and how we can help her. She has had surgery three times to get rid of the big ones. Some are small round and others seem connected but not round but more flat even though they do stick up from her
skin.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue. Can you attach a photo of the lumps? What breed is your dog? Have bumps been sent to the lab for biopsy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 8
Her hair covers the bumps
She is a peekaboo
Everything has been biopsied with no bad results. We are waiting for news on the last two removed.
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach a photo? Your vet can't give you any idea what these bumps are, even after biopsies?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to take a picture but her hair blocks the bump. Picture can't be done
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

And you don't recall the results of the biopsies?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were negative. Our vet gave her a vitamin
Pala-tech
F.A. /plus chewable tabletsOmega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. I hope these pictures of what she takes can help otherwise please use the ither information. If you don't know that's fine just let me know.
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Biopsies do not come back as positive or negative... they come back with descriptions of the cells seen in the tissue. Without that, or a photo of the bumps, I'm afraid I can't help you. I will "opt out" so that another expert can possibly better assist you. Do not reply to this, just wait for another expert to respond. Good luck!