Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I was just googling to see if I could help my son who has a

Customer Question

I was just googling to see if I could help my son who has a 9 week old puppy that he said is not eating or drinking.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Any vomiting or diarrhea? How long has this been going on? Any recent food changes? How long has he had the puppy?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He took it to an emergency clinic. He has only had it a week. It has parvovirus.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No vomiting or diarrhea just loss of appetite. They are optimistic they caught it early. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the delay, I was dealing with an emergency. It is good that they caught it early and are starting treatment right now, but the younger the puppy is the harder it can be to recover from this. I would definitely make sure the dog is on Cerenia. It is a very strong anti-vomiting medication. And push fluids as much as possible.

Hi Diane,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sasha. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sasha spent a day and a half in the hospital on IV's, catheter, and meds. Happy to say she is home and healthy! Thanks for the support. Diane

That is great news! Please let me know if you have any further questions if she has any relapses, etc... I would be happy to help answer questions as they arise. Have a wonderful day, and please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for the time spent assisting you. Take care.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.

You are welcome. :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why do I keep getting emails to respond to your answer? Thanks in advance. Diane

Probably because you never gave me a rating, so I never got paid for the time I spent corresponding with you. The website will continue sending you emails asking you to rate my service.