Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our dog, Tucker is a shihtzu. He is not sleeping and keeps

Customer Question
Our dog, Tucker is a...
Our dog, Tucker is a shihtzu. He is not sleeping and keeps changing positions. He lays for about 30 to 40 seconds in one spot and then he moves to another spot. He keeps doing this. He has been doing this for 2 hours.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/19/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Tucker's restlessness would appear to represent discomfort but the source of that discomfort isn't known unless new symptoms have arisen. Are you now seeing vomiting, diarrhea, an increased respiratory rate, lameness, a change of posture, or shaking/trembling (pain responses)? Please give me an update on Tucker. If you've already had him attended to by a vet feel free to disregard my post.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian