Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My poodle was born with holes in s eyes is there a cure

Customer Question

my poodle was born with holes in his eyes is there a cure
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried a out Sparkles.

He is 7, but has had this problem since he was born?

What part of his eyes have hole in them? in the cornea (clear front covering of the eyes) or of the iris (the part of the eye that has color), or where are they? Can you post a picture here?

I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. A little more information will help me answer your question. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thrmy vet didn't tell me what part of the eyes that had the holes he just said he was born that way and it doesn't happen to often was no cure for himand ther
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Without knowing what part of the eye has holes, it is hard to say if there is a cure. The eye is very complicated, with many layers. Can you see these holes?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sparkles. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I know is my vet said there was no cure for the holes in his eyes can he be wrong because he was born that way
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Since I don't know where of the dozens of places in the eye these holes are located, it is hard to tell you if there is any cure or treatment. Can he see; is he blind?