Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

My dog invested some pramapexorol prob ten tabs. She vomited

Customer Question

My dog invested some pramapexorol prob ten tabs. She vomited quite a bit will this harm her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that Lacey ingested about 10 Pramipexole tablets. That is a significant amount in any sized dog.

These can be toxic for dogs and the toxic dose is 0.0007mgs per kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight, or about 0.00154mg per pound.

The most common side effect in dogs taking this drug is severe nausea and severe vomiting. If this occurs soon after ingesting them the good news is that she will get rid of the drug before it has time to take effect.

How soon after eating them did she vomit?

Do you believe she fully emptied her stomach?

What size (mgs) were the tablets?

How much does she weigh?

How is she behaving otherwise?

How long has it been now since she ingested the tablets?

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 years ago.

Other side effects include incoordination, labored breathing and tremors/seizures.

If she were pregnant this could stimulate a miscarriage.

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 years ago.

We can also see an increase in blood pressure, changes in blood flow to the kidney, and extremities.

If it was more than 1 &1/2 to 2 hours after ingestion before she vomited, or if you don't think that she vomited most of the pills ideally she should be seen on an emergency basis, as by then the drug has been absorbed. You can not treat the other side effects at home and she should be monitored for about 24 -48 hours depending upon her symptoms.

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lacey. How is everything going?
Dr. Kara