Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I just sent you the problem and I forgot my password then we

Customer Question

I just sent you the problem and I forgot my password ***** we got lost I also gave my credit card number already my dogs stool looks like it has a susage casing around his stool
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Amos. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

When stool looks like this, it is usually a covering of mucus over the stool. The lining of the colon has many mucous glands, and when the colon is inflamed it produces a lot of mucus, to help the stool to pass. The colon can be inflamed by an infection, parasites, or even stress.

If this continues or if he develops diarrhea, I would have a stool sample checked under a microscope for parasites.

Let me know what else I can help with or answer. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.

How is Amos doing?