Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I'm caring Akita that takes atopic advert 4 days and

Customer Question
I'm caring for an Akita...
I'm caring for an Akita that takes atopic advert 4 days and prednisolone every other day(never in days with Atopca. I accidentally gave him Atopica 1 day early. Should I resume the Atopica on tYhe 5th day and resume the every 4 day from there? Is it okay to give the predisolone 2 days in a rid to get back to the correct schedule?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/13/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for your question.

I would wait and give the Atopica in 5 days, to get back on the 4 days schedule.

What is the dose of prednisolone? I might not give it two days in a row if it is a high dose, but if it is 5 or 10 mg, I would do what you suggest, give it 2 days in a row and get back on schedule.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian