Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is old and i am too. i 't have alot of cash. I know

Customer Question
my dog is old and...
my dog is old and i am too. i don't have alot of cash. I know her teeth are a mess. what can i do to ease her pain.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/12/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How much does she weigh?

The best treatment, of course, is to have infected or painful or loose teeth extracted, but I know that can be expensive. Aspirin may help with pain, but I need to know her size or weight to tell you if 81 mg is too much, or not enough.

She is about 40 lbs

Thank you. You can give her 2 of the 81 mg aspirin, up to twice daily, with a meal.

Antibiotics may help if any teeth are infected.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian