Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog is only six years old. She was very easy to potty

Customer Question

My dog is only six years old. She was very easy to potty train. She was born with a limp rear back leg and needed hip surgery before she was one year old. She swats like any other dog to urinate but she still leaks urine. I need to lift her into the car because of her previous hip surgery and I notice she is always wet underneath. Is there anything I can do about this. She is a wonderful dog and I love her. I will put up with this if I have to but I am hoping I can do something to alleviate this problem.
Rose Rinker ***@******.***
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

When did the leaking first start?

Does she only leak when lifted or all the time? Doe she seem aware that she is?

How long has she been on the Proin?

Did her vet check any bloods or urine samples before they started this?

Does she drink more then she did before this started?

Does she pass large volumes or urine when she goes? Is it pale or watery looking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to cancel my subscription immediately and receive confirmation that you have done so. My account is 89344080 and my ID is 15615837-540. I have decided to see a local vet in person.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

In that case, I will forward your question back to customer service.

All the best,

Dr. B.