Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

I have a 12 yr old 100 lb black lab. He has some laryngeal

Customer Question

I have a 12 yr old 100 lb black lab. He has some laryngeal paralysis. He takse prednisone every other day. He also has a thyroid problem and is taking 0.8mg of soloxine 2x a day. This evening he threw up his dinner and then went out back. He is having trouble walking. He is breathing heavy & hoarse more than usual. His ears are hot to the touch and has a warm nose. This happened fairly quickly around 8pm. What should we be looking for or doing
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is getting worse. I think he is near death. Not moving much anymore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dog just died.
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 2 years ago.

Hi there - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed vet who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I am so terribly sorry to hear of Scooby's passing. I debated whether or not to make a reply, as I know that nothing I can say now can help. I don't want you to give me a rating - I don't want to be paid for this response. I just wanted to let you know that I see your question and I'm so very sorry. I wasn't online last night when you were in need, and it's possible the other experts were unavailable as well. While we try to be your go-to when your vet isn't available, ultimately a local veterinary ER is your go-to for emergencies like this. I am so sorry for your loss - may your memories of Scooby's long and happy life comfort you in this difficult time. Again, please don't rate my response - I want no compensation for this reply - I only wanted to express my condolences.

I'd be happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

Take care

~Dr. Sara