Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My Dog been retrieving doves days now.Notice hard bump,right

Customer Question

My Dog been retrieving doves for few days now.Notice hard bump,right side muzzle.Checked back of the mouth,nothing.She not sick or in pain,eating and drinking fine.Did sit around some Red Ants,bothered her,got bit on her paw.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually the hard bump is right side back of muzzle,about inch under right eye.Does'nt seem to be bothering her.Thinking maybe insect bite.Did get mouth full of feathers at times retrieving doves.Hunted retriever's for yrs.never had problems on dove.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has it been present now?

Any redness to the skin over the bump? Any healing scabs?

How are Roxy's teeth? Any dental tarter?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so,this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use thepaperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr,Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Notice the bump about 24 hrs ago.On pacific time,not any worse this am.I will check again later today.Teeth not to bad,young dog.I will respond back later.Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

If you can do so and update me (ideally with a photo) that'd be grand.

Take care,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bump is on the inside of upper gum,going to give it a few more days to see what's going to do.Not getting any worse,she feels and acts fine,eating and drinking normal.Tried sending pictures,guess unsuccessful?Decided to visit family vet,if gets worse.Thanks.