Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My bischon fraise 11 years old just started standing and

Customer Question
staring and seems una ware...
My bischon fraise 11 years old just started standing and staring and seems una ware of her surroundings. Drooling a little. Totally out of character
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/8/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi there this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. The signs you are describing can fit with a couple of things....the drooling worries me for severe periodontal disease so a vet needs to do a real good exam on her oral cavity. The standing and staring fits with cognitive disease of older dogs. The last thing I would be concerned about would be some type of seizure activity that does not involve active seizing. This is going to definitely require a vet trip but at least you know the things that your vet should check for. I check my computer each night and would be happy to respond to any questions you may have. Most Sincerely, DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian