Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I have a small dog (25 lbs) who has no real interaction with

Customer Question

I have a small dog (25 lbs) who has no real interaction with other dogs. He is almost a year old and ive yet to have him neutered. He makes now inclinations that he is bothered by them, however to you think that i should have them removed?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....yes you should have him neutered. Here are the reasons why: totally prevents testicular and scrotal cancer, greatly reduces chance of prostate cancer, eliminates prostate swelling and difficult urination and finally will make him a happier dog overall because he will not have a drive to want to breed something. That drive is there even without exposure to females. I hope this helps you and please let me know if you need further help. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in with you to see if you need further help. If you have additional questions please feel free to leave them here and I will get back with you tomorrow night. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B