Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My lab/border collie mix has urinated in the house right in

Customer Question

My lab/border collie mix has urinated in the house right in front of us-something he never does-several times this week. Today I noticed he's looking really fat between his ribs and backside. And it's very tight to touch it. He doesn't seem to be in pain and he just pooped a little on a walk. I don't know how often he's gone in the last few days because we have a large backyard. He drinks a lot of water, but always has.Any idea what could cause these issues? They may not be related, but seems odd they both showed up at the same time.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 2 years ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Pepper. I'm so sorry he's having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.
You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided and are happy to give me a positive rating.
So I may know that you are online and available to chat, please type in a short reply. It's important that I know you understand how the website works and that you will eventually need to give me a good rating in order for me to be compensated before I type in a lengthy reply. Rest assured you will have my full attention after you reply, and I will continue the conversation until you're happy to give me positive feedback.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 2 years ago.

And can you please tell me exactly how old Pepper is, please?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 2 years ago.

Hello again.

It looks like you are not currently online and available to discuss your question about Pepper. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to answer your question for you. I will opt out so your question is available for other experts to answer when you return online.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good evening.