Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a 15 year old Springer that has developed a very

Customer Question

I have a 15 year old Springer that has developed a very large mass on both her stomach and under her lower jaw towards the neck. She doesn't seem to be outwardly uncomfortable, but I don't want her to suffer. I am aware that she is getting close to the end, but was hoping you could shed some light on the mass and what it might be. Thanks.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is not uusual for older dogs like sweet Maggie, to develop benign lipomas which are only areas of fat deposition. These are harmless unless they get large enough to interfere with function. IT would be best to have your vet take a needle biopsy to know for sure but from your description and taking into consideration of Maggie's age, these masses are most likely benign and will not cause Maggie any harm.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Bill,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Maggie. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta