Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Are there shots you can give to a dog/cat that can make them

Customer Question

are there shots you can give to a dog/cat that can make them not cause allergic reactions in people who are allergic to their saliva/urine
I hope i phrased that in a way that is understandable
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

If the person is allergic to dog/cat saliva/urine, etc. then the only way to stop the reaction is to manage the reaction. You can't change the protein in the saliva/urine etc in anyway that is compatible with life! If there is to be a shot it is one that has to be made by a dermatologist to give the human. Giving the animal something won't work. The change has to happen with the recipient or the allergic reactor, not from the animal from which it came. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.

Dr. Dan